Translate

Listened to Matthew 5 today

After receiving my word for today, I listened then to Matthew 5for my hearing of the word of God. It is a good habbit to get into to listen to the word being read to you. I did post what first came to mind on the word scharpening site. After listening and reading the verse that stood out to me, of course to being an older woman was this:

Matthew 5:15 (KJV) Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

"it giveth light to all that are in the house" stood out to me. Thinking of even within our homes, do you have out to be seen by any that enter into your house things of the word of God? Is your Bible out in the open. Just asking. I have a box of Jesus words only with cards of the scriptures of Christ only. Very hard to find... just one box is there with just the words of Christ.

 This box is opened and at the dining room table next to my laptop opened with the words, so 4 cards can be viewed at a time as when I go to the next words, I discard the old ones for the day to the lid and leave them face up also. A gal who came into the house saw them and loved them and asked where I got them and how much they cost.  We talked a bit about them and she asked where I got them.  I told her amazon and they are the only ones I found that are just the words of Jesus.  Told her to do a search for "words of Jesus cards" .

I change them daily and have my daily verses for myself for the day.  I just love them, they are better than a horror scope is what I call it  haha.  Be fed a daily word to start your day.. They will bless you.  Leave them out on a table to be seen.. they do have an attention draw to them vs a Bible.. They will be blessed with a scripture or two and maybe start a conversation about the Lord.  I need to buy a second box for my living room, even my grandchildren who can read see's them.  The color red makes a read curiosity for children.  A witness then you can be for the Lord as Peter said:

1 Peter 3:15 (KJV) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 

Psalm 60:4 (KJV) Thou hast given a banner to them that fear thee, that it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah.