Translate

Prayer and the word *If*

With the Bible software I have, I can check mark just words spoken by Jesus Christ, the words in red. The word "If" is used just in the book of Matthew 53 times and in the book of John 59 times. So spoken by Christ. For this post I am just going to focus on it where most pray and should they not get answer to prayer they simply don't know where to look or what to do. Christians today and for many years have focused on the Epistles of Paul and not on the Gospels of Messiah's words to us. Then wonder why prayer is not answered. One verse regarding this is John:

John 15:7 (KJV) If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

So the first question would be "Do Jesus Christ's words abide in you?". With today's church the answer would be no. We need a good foundation of Jesus words in us. There are many "if" statements regarding the words of Jesus. I chose this particular one as people will get upset if prayer is not answered and never ask the Lord about it or seek the Lord thru the words of Jesus.

John 14:23 (KJV) Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.