Translate

Prayer-Where To Start

What did Jesus do?

God is Alpha and Omega (the beginning and the end). Once in scripture reading and hearing you will be led to do more, but for starters start your day with a prayer and the end of your day with prayer. We know the morning before His day he started with time with the Lord in prayer, but also for us it is a great time to listen to your chapter a day or whatever to start your day. I am a morning and all day person haha. I talk to Father in my mind during the day. My mind to me to the Lord is my "prayer closet" Matthew 6:6 (KJV) But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

So his alarm was set for a great while before started His day.... Mark 1:35 (KJV) And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.

We know He finished His day with prayer.... Matthew 14:23 (KJV) And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.

We know Jesus prayed at meals : Mark 6:41 (KJV) And when he had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and brake the loaves, and gave them to his disciples to set before them; and the two fishes divided he among them all.

We know Jesus Thanked Father out loud for things.....John 11:41 (KJV) Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. Matthew 11:25 (KJV) At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

What would I pray starting out?

I would start with short prayers to begin with and end the day with. I also would give thanks even just in my mind only saying out loud at home a blessing for food and thanking Father for it. Jesus did this stuff daily, I would try first just to get into a habit with something short. God knows your heart and hears your mind. My mom would thank the Lord and praise the Lord saying those 2 different things often out loud. I would do it too but did more saying it in my mind to Him. Do what is comfortable and believe me with time in following the Lord you see changes within yourself.

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. Matthew 22:37 (KJV)