Translate

A Desire To Know Who The Betrothed Was Ho 2:19

 Running into the verse :

Hosea 2:19 (KJV) And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. 

I was curious as to who this might be.  So I listened and did read Hosea 1-3 yet back at the betrothed I was.  So I focused on that paragraph and what God had said: wondering how He could remove baal and baalim out of her mouth.

So I went to google translate, now the first time I did enter the words "baalim baali ishi " it came up sheep sheep sheep in the language of oromo which is in Africa.  Then my translator didn't work and brought up swahili which uses the word so I typed it there it said "the day of Baal".  I changed the words around using vs 16 and 17:

16 And it shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali. 17 For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name. 

I typed in "Ishi baali baalim" the meaning was "she is a shepherd" but I had to go find just that language translator so used http://www.onlinetranslationpro.com/oromo-to-english-translation then doing last word first it was sheep sheep sheep.

 Today I did more searching, looking up the top different languages in Africa and tested them and all use the word Baal in them, except for oromo language.  I was shocked to find there were over 3000 languages thought to be in Africa, I only tested the first six or seven.